Oxford Brookes University invites all candidates to apply for the Sasakawa Postgraduate MPhil/PhD International Studentships offered by the University.
The sole aim of this scholarship is to provide financial support to highly deserving candidates from the UK and around the world for the 2021/2022 academic session.
Oxford Brookes University was founded in 1992 as Oxford School of Art, a public university based in Oxford London.
Why study at Oxford University? This institution brings the dignity for creativity and innovative teaching. For over a couple of decades, it has always been the first choice for learning for students from all over the world. In a Times Higher Education Young University Survey, the university is ranked #1 in the UK for its learning activities and #2 for teaching.
Applications are open until March 1, 2021.
- Institution:Oxford Brookes University
- Department:Faculty of Social Sciences
- Degree: MPhil/PhD
- Award: £10,000
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Mode of entry: Online
- Nationality: domestic/EU and all candidates from around the world.
The scholarship is available in the United Kingdom
Advantages of the scholarship
Oxford Brookes University offers scholarships to the most outstanding candidates to support their PhD program in the UK. The deserving candidate will receive a scholarship worth £10,000 for the academic year 2021/2022.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Interested applicants should enroll in a research degree program at Oxford Brookes University. Please contact Terri Morris at hssresearchdegree-at-brookes.ac.uk. if you would like to apply for this funding opportunity.
- Supporting documents: a cover letter, a brief statement of research interest explaining how experience and plans fit with the advertised position, a CV, and the details of two referees may be used as required documents.
- Admission Requirements: To be admitted to a PhD program at the University, all candidates must have a Master’s degree in the program for which they are applying. More information can be found here.
Language Requirements: English
- Please note: If English is not your official language, the following documents may be accepted by the institution as proof of your English proficiency: IELTS 6.0-7.0, 6.0 in reading and writing, and 5.5 in listening and speaking, 60% or above in Standard XII.
Qualification for the scholarship
- Qualified Countries: UK, EU and all nationalities are qualified for this application.
- Qualifying courses: MPhil/PhD program in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
Criteria for Qualification: To qualify, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have, or be predicted to obtain, a good undergraduate degree (2:1 or better)
Have completed a degree with substantial anthropology content or Japanese studies or in a field relevant to the proposed research and have a sufficient level of Japanese language, ability to engage in fieldwork in Japan if necessary (this should be equivalent to JLPT level 2 or above).