Cardiff University is offering the Beacon Scholarship in the UK to all able and intelligent applicants for the academic year 2021/2022.
This scholarship is designed to support African students from Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda who wish to pursue an undergraduate degree program at Cardiff University, UK.
Founded in 1883, the institution is located in Cardiff, Wales, and is also known as a public research institute. The institution also merged with the University of Wales as the Institute of Science and Technology in 1988.
Why study at Cardiff University? The university has a scientific reputation that is world-leading. It works to develop and train students’ skills and cognitive abilities to be a good person in their personal lives. And it also gives them the necessary facilities to do what they choose to do.
Due date for grants: June 30, 2021.
Cardiff University provides one-third of annual tuition and living expenses for qualified and outstanding UK students.
- To apply for this opportunity, aspirants must gain admission to the undergraduate program. After that, you can fill out the online form.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must attach a resume, academic transcripts, and a copy or scan of their passport.
- Admission Requirements: Students must submit previous year’s degrees or certificates with a good academic record.
- Language Requirements: Applicants must have met academic and English language requirements (IELTS/TOEFL).
- Eligible Countries: applications from Kenya, Tanzania or Uganda will be accepted.
- Eligible Subjects: Undergraduate degree program in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet all stated criteria:
- Must have leadership qualities:
- Academic excellence
- Achievement in sports, music, or theater
- Social influence and communication
- Must have a financial need for study, i.e., gross annual household income of no more than £80k (US$100k)
- Must commit to returning to their home country within one month of completing their studies.
- University: Cardiff University
- Department: Not specified
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Tuition and maintenance fees
- Number of awards: 3
- Mode of entry: Online
- Nationality: For students from Kenya, Tanzania or Uganda.
- The award is accessible in the UK